The following are actual church bulletin board bloopers found in churches across the United States.
11. “Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on ‘It’s a Terrible Experience’.”
12. “Due to the Rector’s illness, Wednesday’s healing services will be discontinued until further notice.”
13. “Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM. Please use large double door at the side entrance.”
14. “Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.”
15. “The eighth graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.”
16. “A song fest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.”
17. “Today’s Sermon: ‘How Much Can a Man Drink?’ with hymns from a full choir.”
18. On a church bulletin during the minister’s illness: “God is good – Dr. Hargreaves is better.”
19. “Potluck supper: prayer and medication to follow.”
20. “The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.”
21. “Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.”
22. “The choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.”
23. A new loudspeaker system has been installed in the church. It was given by one of our members in honor of his wife.
24. Please join us as we show our suport for Amy and Alan in preparing for the girth of their first child.